There are a variety of tools and methods that businesses rely on to bring attention to their brand, products, and services.
As customers expect more from the companies they do business with each day, branding matters more than ever. Businesses strive to have their logo be immediately recognizable and reflect their company to potential customers.
Your business signage is essential to ensuring brand recognition and a smooth customer experience regardless of the industry you serve.
Benefits of Signage for Your Business
The right sign can make all the difference to your business. Signage is an important tool to help customers find your business.
People within your community will associate your business with your signs, logo, and messaging. When companies align their messaging with their signage, a cohesive branding message is created.
Your signage plays a key role in making a lasting first impression to those in your community and potential customers.
In fact, studies have shown that 68% of customers feel that a business’s signage reflects its quality and that of its products.
As a business owner, you want your signage to communicate that you are a quality business offering the absolute best products and services.
What Signs Do You Need for Your Business?
When you work with an experienced and trusted sign company like Signarama Piscataway, you don’t have to worry about figuring out the signs you will need for your business on your own.
Our team of sign experts will partner with you from concept to installation to ensure your business is properly represented in your community.
Typically, you will need both exterior and interior signs to ensure your brand’s identity is clear and that there is enough information available for your customers and passersby.
As you think about where you will need signs for your business, consider these areas:
- Exterior building signage
- Signs near the street or entrance to your business
- Window and door graphics
- Signage for your business’s entrance to display business hours, etc.
- Interior wall graphics or signage
- Exterior and/or interior menu displays
- Exterior and/or interior wayfinding or directional signs
- Parking and traffic signage
- Vehicle graphics for company vehicles
Materials and Design Consideration for Your Business’s Signs
The design for all your signs on the interior and exterior of your business should be carefully considered. Begin with determining your brand’s identity, selecting your brand’s colors, and designing a logo to fit your brand message.
With a simple, classic logo design, your businesses signs will stand the test of time and the ever-changing trends. Try to avoid trendy fonts and design features so that the return on investment (ROI) of your signs continues to grow throughout the years.
Our experienced graphic design team can help with logo and sign designs.
Selecting the materials for your interior and exterior business signs will be based on budget, placement, size, intended purpose, durability, and type of sign.
We will guide you through the process and can share samples of each material to help you make the best selections for your business.
We take considerable pride in only working with quality materials that you can trust will serve your business over time. Some of the most popular materials used for signs include:
- Neon (or LED Neon)
Types of Signs to Consider for Your Business
Signs are typically the first interaction a customer will have with your business. They serve as visual communication for your brand and can draw customers into your business’s location.
Research has shown that exterior signage influences attracting customers and creates a lasting impression. 75% of Americans have told another person about a business after seeing its signage – consider how word of mouth and proper signage could help your business grow.
Consider these types of signs for expanding your business’s reach:
- Vehicle Graphics – Vehicle graphics are a great marketing opportunity and can draw in customers anywhere you go, put your name out there everywhere the vehicles go with custom magnets, decals, and wraps.
- Monument Signs – Designed to mimic the architecture of your building, monument signs are found at the entrance to hospitals, colleges and universities, business complexes, and residential communities.
- Channel Letters – Show off your brand with custom channel letters in a variety of sizes, fonts, and colors.
- Carved & Sandblasted Signs – When looking for a more upscale look, carved and sandblasted signs are often the popular choice; these can be created for countless purposes.
- Wayfinding & Directional Signs – People need and want to know where to go. When you include these types of signs within your business location, you are letting customers know you care about their experience. Directional and wayfinding signs should be designed with cohesive branding in mind and can be used on the interior and exterior of your building.
- Window Graphics – Make the most of your windows or interior glass walls by advertising your business’s services and products or creating privacy with frosted designs.
- Wall Graphics – Often overlooked, use your walls to tell your brand’s history, market your products, advertise new services, or improve the aesthetic of your business’s interior spaces.
- Informational Signs – Provide the information guests to your facility, park, or museum are looking for in well-designed informational signs.
- Dimensional Lettering – Make sure your business name is visible and recognizable to all who are looking for you with custom dimensional lettering; these can be designed for indoor or outdoor use.
- Lighted Signs – With several ways of illuminating your business’s signs inside and outside, lighted signs keep your name visible 24/7.
- Lobby & Reception Signs – Make a winning first impression with a custom reception sign to greet everyone that enters your business.
- Awning Graphics – Awnings are timeless and can feature your business’s name in countless ways to create a unique sign element.
Compliance with Local Regulations for Signs
Local signage regulations can sometimes feel like a bit of a minefield, and as a business owner, it is your responsibility for ensuring your signs meet with local regulations regarding signs and permits if required.
Depending on the location of your business, you may need to comply with local government as well as your building or development regulations.
Here at Signarama Piscataway we are well-versed with the permitting process for your area and can provide information, guidance, and assist securing any necessary permits as required.
Custom Business Signs from Signarama Piscataway
We can help you create informative and visually appealing custom signs so that your customers know exactly how and where to find your business. We will work alongside your team to bring your vision to life. Contact us today to begin discussing the signs your business needs, your logo design, and more.