Designing effective business signage, to satisfy the needs of a business begins with an in-depth design process. From the colors you use, through to your font choice and visual layout, they all play a critical role in the effectiveness of your sign.
Here at Signarama Piscataway, we understand that communication between a business and a sign designer is the most important part of the sign buying process.
This is why we have a team of talented professional graphic designers on staff to ensure your business signage satisfies your business requirements, adheres to any brand guidelines and ultimately presents your business in the best possible light to potential customers.
We follow a simple step-by-step process to make sure we understand exactly what you need so the final design captures your initial vision and proves effective for your business.
Our sign design process…
- Initial Signage Consultation: Your signage should be designed to meet the unique needs of your business and communicating those needs is the first step to a successful sign. We will use this opportunity to ensure we fully understand your project, and to help us get a better sense of what you are trying to achieve with your business signage. Sometimes, it’s a matter of asking what the customer envisions and showing pictures of similar projects we have completed in the past to determine what they like and what will serve their needs.
- Budget Considerations: A big component of communicating your needs is establishing a budget for your signage. Once the budget has been established, our designers will be able to help you create signs with features and components that work within your budget. Our top priority is to produce signage that addresses all of your needs and requirements; creating a sign that is not only meets your initial vision but also fits within your budget is a critical component of reaching that goal.
- Type & Style: Once your needs have been communicated and the budget has been set, we can get to work on the next step in the process, which is to start making decisions on the type of sign, it’s purpose, size, and style. The most essential components of designing a sign include deciding what kind of sign, the size of the sign and what message it will communicate. Then come decisions based around what materials will be used in the construction of your sign, as well as the desired style of the sign, such as color, font choices, and graphics. Other considerations include outdoor versus indoor signage, and if outdoor, what sort of weather conditions the sign should be able to withstand.
- Placement & Installation Requirements: Will permits be required? Where exactly will the sign be placed and how will it be mounted? If it’s an illuminated sign, electrical work may need to be done.
- Design: The final stage of the sign design process is the design itself. Who’d have thought it! Once armed with the information from the previous steps, our team can get to work bringing your vision to life. We will provide you with various design concepts to choose from and approve. It’s important that any changes are communicated at this point before we proceed with the fabrication of your business signage. Once you have signed off on the design, your order will flow through to our production department and the fabrication of your sign will begin.
We understand that might feel like a lot of steps, and that there are a lot of decisions to make when purchasing signage for your business, but it’s important that we have complete clarity about your project so we can deliver a signage solution that exceeds your expectations.
After all, signage is typically a large investment for many businesses, and this process will help ensure your signage turns out nothing less than perfect.
Don’t worry though, with over two decades of sign making experience, we’ve been through this process thousands of times and will be there to help you every step of the way. We will help make the entire sign buying journey as simple and straightforward as possible.
Are you ready to get started on creating an effective sign for your business? Contact the experts at Signarama Piscataway today to get started on designing your next sign!